Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lemons in the Diet Pepsi

I am not vehemently opposed to adding a squeeze of lemon to your diet soda.  As a matter of fact, I feel like it sharpens the flavor a bit.  However, I am a radical opponent of actually floating the lemon wedge in the drink.  First of all I feel like it gets in the way of the straw.  More importantly I have no idea who cut the lemon.  I don't know if the lemon chef is a compulsive lemon washer who ensures that all the chemicals and accumulated grime from the citrus voyage were cleaned off before the lemon was dipped in my beverage.  I don't know if the the restaurant employee that was assigned to chop lemons used soap the last time he performed ANY bodily function.  I don't know if any one of the service providers made sure to avoid spraying spittle over the lemons while discussing their latest woes. 

With those thoughts in mind I implore you, please do not dip the nasty lemon into my drink. 


2 comments:

JuliAnn Johns said...

"Accumulated grime from the citrus voyage." I love it!

Unknown said...

All those things could happen to a bowl of lemons that they give you so you can squeeze the lemon yourself....:?